Sunday, January 20, 2008

Thing #18 Discovering web 2.0 Tools

This is the second time I have looked over the list of Web 2.0 Awards.  I first looked at Zillow and while I found it interesting, I am not in the market for a home so I am not sure I would use it at this time.  It would certainly be helpful if I were looking for a new home or trying to look at home values in my neighborhood for tax purposes.  I will be honest, I looked at the home values of friends and family and I am not sure of the accuracy (I must also say I felt a little weird, like I was invading their privacy).  I would assume they get their value from the county tax assessor so I am not sure how often it is updated based on new home builds, and additions and upgrades.

The second time I looked over the list I decided to explore Yahoo Answers and found it very helpful.  I decided to explore a more personal matter (how to remove rust and other residue from the bottom of my iron?).  This website was very user friendly and the layout was terrific.  While I certainly wouldn't set my kids loose on this website, I would certainly pass it along to my friends and co-workers.  I look forward to cleaning my iron today with a Brillo pad and white vinegar.

I decided to look over the entire list as well and was not surprised to see many of the sites we have already been exploring on the list.  While I'm not sure I would check this particular site regularly I will certainly keep it in the back of my mind in the future as a good reference tool.  I hope the Learning 2.0 website will not be taken down any time soon because I find myself using it as a great reference tool when I want to revisit particular sites.  

I will also take this time to confess that I spent several hours on YouTube the other night just "playing".  What a great place to explore clips on people of interest.  I was able to view interview clips as well as performance clips of people I might never have been able to see.  What a blast!

No comments: