Monday, October 22, 2007

Thing 1

As I sit in this large library listening to the rain pound on the roof, I would much rather be at home curled up with a good book and a sweet schnauzer!

I am in fact sitting her with wonderful friends and great colleagues diving into new technology and laughing a LOT!

My initial thought and feeling is FEAR! Fear of the unknown and fear of trying to get it all done. Thank goodness we have until March to complete the 23 assigned items. Now I will dive in and get started with the help of my friends and colleagues!

As I watched the initial video I was amazed at how far behind I really am when it comes to the web. While I feel competent in the field of technology the web is obviously a whole other ball game. My goal is to gain an overall knowledge of all of these items and become more familiar with those the students and teachers are going to use.

The hardest part of today was thinking of a name for my blog and name. Actually setting up with accounts and blogs was simple.

Here's to a year of training this dog new tricks!

No comments: