Monday, October 22, 2007

Thing 4

I would like to say that I would use this as a means to communicate with my teachers, but I'm not sure they would actually check it. It is hard enough to get them to check email right now.

I would love to use this as a means to share information that I learn that could be used in the classroom (tools, websites, technology, etc). I also can see myself using this more as a means to communicate and collaborate with my fellow district librarians. I have said it before, but it is worth repeating... I don't quite know enough to know any better.

4 comments:

Junior Master Margaret said...

Hey, wait until you try and understand thing #5....I've been working all morning trying to figure out any of it:( They're using the library to get the laptops ready, so I have some free time.

Debbie said...

I think we have to use email to help people connect to the new tools we are learning. They have to use something they are familiar with. You might send them links to your blog through email. At least that would get them used to the format of a blog.

You'll do great!

Share With Sue said...

I was going to comment about how to get the teachers to go to your blog. After reading digitaldeb's comment, she pretty much said what I was going to, so "Ditto"

makingtheworldpretty said...

As I have worked through our 23 things assignments, my mind is thinking of so many ways our students can benefit from this new web 2.0. I think it all has to do with time. In order for teachers to want to use it, they have to first of all have good training where they feel comfortable using it themselves. Then they need time to plan, set up student lessons and activities...such as a blogging site. The possibilities are endless. We are pioneers right now. In a few years students will be using blogging like they use notebook paper now. No more worksheets! (Isn't that already in the process?)