Friday, January 18, 2008

Thing #22 Animoto - Summer Vacation

Yet another really cool "Thing"! I know you are tired of seeing and hearing about Disney but I have a limited amount of pictures saved to my computer so you will just have to indulge me once again.

I am really skipping around as I get closer to the end and this looked like a lot of fun - and I was right! While I cannot see myself paying for a subscription the free videos are worth my time and effort on this site. It was very easy to upload pictures from my computer and after browsing through their selected songs, I thought I'd try to add my own music. Again it was almost fool proof. When I got ready to upload the video to my blog I simply looked at the Help menu to see where I could find the HTML code. I am becoming quite and expert at looking for the Help menu in each program and now that I know what key words to look for (embedding, HTML, etc.) it makes the search much easier.

I can see using this with kids to make a quick and easy "show" with many projects (shapes, alphabet items, field trip pics, etc.). If the pictures have already been taken and can be sent to a shared folder in their account this is an easy one day computer lab assignment. I would love to try this with a class this six weeks.

This is definitely a site I will keep on my "short list" of programs to come back to.

1 comment:

sharonh said...

I'm glad to hear it was easy to upload your own music. I didn't try it, but I'd like to in the future. The Help files have saved me a number of times too!