Wednesday, January 9, 2008

Thing #7 Google

While exploring the variety of tools that Google has to offer I found some to be useful and others more effort than I care extend.  The first tool I chose to explore was Google Alerts.  I set up an account and I look forward to receiving my first Alerts but chose the daily option so I'm not sure when it will arrive.  

I am a bit worried about the amount of information that is being sent to my school email with this service as I already seem to be overwhelmed in this department on certain days.n  My first personal Alert topic was of course the Dallas Mavericks.  I can see using Google Alerts in the work setting to keep one informed of current authors, current trends in reading, and particular books of interest (i.e. banned book discussions).  If you are trying to gather data or information about any of these topics this seems to be a quicker way to gather that information than having to do the search yourself manually.  

I will post more as I begin to receive these Alerts and see how easy or difficult it is to manage them in my daily life.

No comments: