Thursday, January 10, 2008

Thing #6 Trading Card / Magazine Cover

This is something I would certainly enjoy using for both pleasure and work.  After reading a few other's posts regarding Flickr Color Pickr, I have to agree.  While it is a lot of fun to look at the beautiful pictures for each shade and color, I am not sure of the usefulness in my life.  If I were really artistic I could see making a picture using small mosaics of color - but I am in no way that talented.

Both the magazine maker in FD Toys and Trading Card Maker were my favorite not only for the product it produced but for ease of use.  I chose to use some of the few pictures I had on my computer at that time instead of pictures from Flickr.  

I think the kids would have a blast with both of these tools!  Both could be used as a culminating activity for biographies, state reports, animal research, Holiday research, and many more research units and classroom activities.  I even think in small groups you could get the Kindergarten kids to create a Trading Card for the animal of their choice at the conclusion of our research unit.  It seems that both of these could be used in conjunction with other activities as well for a final activity.

I would love to introduce this to a few of my more "open minded" teachers and see what we could come up with for the kids.  This may be something they would buy into as it could be a short activity and possibly completed in one visit to the computer lab (time is of the essence).

No comments: