Wednesday, January 16, 2008

Thing #17 Zoho Writer

WOW!  The wonders of the internet never cease to amaze me.  (I think this internet thing might actually catch on Speed Reader!)  While I am not sure this is really practical for my needs at this time, I do see the potential.  The first thought that comes to my mind is the ability to collaborate with others and not have to email documents back and forth as well as the ability to edit and post notes to the collaborative work.  How great would this be if a teacher and librarian are working on a research project and do not have the ability to meet together during the day.  Each party can work on the document at their leisure and share their work with the other party at any time.

I found the note taking section interesting as well.  The potential for college students is endless.  They can take notes in class, compare notes with friends, and pull up their notes from anywhere.  As I stated earlier, I am not sure of the practical applications for an Elementary Librarian or Elementary students, but I certainly do see the benefits of such a program like Zoho. 

I really did enjoy the ease with which you create, edit, and save documents in Zoho.  I wish Microsoft Word was that easy.  I will certainly keep this application in the back of my mind and promote it to anyone I think could benefit from it.

No comments: