Monday, January 21, 2008

Thing #16 Sandbox wiki

I really enjoyed exploring this site and look forward to watching it grow.  I decided to post something that I had actually worked on with a teacher in my building.  I had a 4th grade teacher come to me needing help with her spelling words for Bilingual students.  Some students were having trouble studying their spelling words and could not get help at home because their parents were not familiar with the words in English.  We finally came up with idea of a podcast or audio file.  We made an audio file that she will either post or copy on CD for those students in need.

I like the idea of a central location (the Learning Through Play Sandbox wiki) for sharing ideas within our district.  Since we do not meet as often as we used to this is a great way to share the wealth of knowledge that exists within our circle of librarians.  I will definitely be looking to the LTPS wiki in the future when I need fresh ideas to kick start my program.

No comments: